This Accredited 3 day Supervising Health and Safely covers the main health and safety requirements for those supervising health and safety in the workplace. This qualification is designed for those who work in a supervisory, management or training role and require the knowledge and skills to manage the health and safety of a workplace.
In a training role those with the supervising health and safety award as well as a teaching award such as the Education and Training Award, PDLSG – Planning and Delivering Learning Sessions to Groups or PTLLS can teach seek approval to teach and assess a wide range of health and safety awards. There is also other accredited train the trainer courses to be able to deliver accredited awards.
This Supervising Health and Safety Awards contains the following five units:
- Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
- Understand how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents
Abertay can also arrange an in-house course at your venue on your dates for your group be it in England, Scotland, Wales or N/S Ireland. We are also offer the Supervising Food Safety Award as well as provide a range of accredited train the trainer courses for those who wish to qualify to teach food safety or health and safety awards.