ISO 45001:2018 – Lead Auditor Training Course
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
Course Duration – 5 Days
Who should attend?
- Anyone with the need to audit an organisation’s OH&S management system
- Those responsible for obtaining certification to ISO 45001.
- Those who wish to register as an IRCA OHSMS auditor (additional requirements also apply).
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of OH&S audits.
Those attending this course are expected to have prior knowledge of the following:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001.
By the end of this ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training course, delegates will be able to demonstrate achievement of the course learning objectives, which are to:
- To explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system.
- To explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate.
- To plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
- Structure & Overview of ISO 45001:2018.
- OH&S legislation and codes of practice.
- OH&S hazards and risk evaluation.
- Audit planning and use of checklists.
- Audit interviewing and evaluation of information.
- Non-conformance evaluation.
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes.
- Accreditation and certification sources of information.
- Audit definition/types/principles
- ISO 19011 Vs. ISO 17021
- Audit Tools & Techniques
- Audit reporting
- Surveillance audits
|DATES||June 2018||July 2018||Aug 2018||Sept 2018||Oct 2018||Nov 2018||Dec 2018||Jan 2019||Feb 2019||Mar 2019||Apr 2019|
Abertay also provide the Prince2 Foundation Course and the Prince2 Practitioner Course, Prince2 Practitioner and Foundation Course for those who have already completed the Foundation course. As well as Prince2 Abertay provide a range of ISO Auditor Courses for ISO9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Courses and ISO 45001 Health and Safety.