This qualification is suitable for those in the area of general health and safety practice in the workplace, and aims to support and develop good practice and awareness of all aspects of health and safety in the working environment; including the identification, monitoring and control of workplace hazards and risks.
The City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification aimed at those whose job includes elements of health and safety at a practitioner level. Usually individuals whose duties include hazard spotting, producing and reviewing risk assessments, and identifying appropriate control measures and safe systems of work. Therefore the candidate should have some responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of others.
Health and Safety Officers and Supervisors charged with such tasks will identify and develop the necessary skills to undertake these activities and will demonstrate their competence and knowledge throughout the range of units required to gain this qualification. They should have a reasonable degree of authority and autonomy and have access to supportive management in their organisation.
To gain this qualification you must complete 7 units, 5 mandatory units, and 2 optional units of your choice to gain the qualification.
- 301 – Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risk to health and safety
- 302 – Develop procedures to safety control and work operations
- 303 – Monitor procedures to safety control and work operations
- 304 – Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- 305 – Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
- 306 – Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
- 307 – Make sure actions within the workplace aim to protect the environment
- 308 – Review health and safety procedures in workplaces
- 309 – Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
The learning material is provided electronically with a guidebook and assessment plan. The assessment team will monitor your progress to offer you support and guidance throughout your course.
Assessment is by production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level; this is greatly simplified by our eLearning platform, where evidence can be electronically submitted.
NVQ Qualification Duration
3 – 24 Months (average completion time 7 – 9 Months)
Membership to Professional bodies
Candidates may apply to the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management for membership at Associate level
Also candiadtes may apply to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health for membership at Associate or Technician level.
Please add to the shopping cart and a SVT course advisor will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your purchase further and arrange your induction with your assessor.
SVT deliver these courses internationally with Students as far a Australia. We have offices in the UAE as well as the UK. SVT have perfected the delivery of our NVQ’s. We have been providing Vocational courses for 20 years.